Saturday, March 13, 2010

HCG Week One

Anyone who has tried this diet knows that one of the most difficult parts is the first two days. Its an absolutely must to eat as much fatty, sugar-loaded food as you can possibly fit inside your stomach. I spent the weekend gorging myself. I ate two fast food burgers (which is more than I usually have in a year) LOTS of french fries, storebought cookies, chocolate bars, havarti cheese, avocados and chips, and as I'm stuffing my face, I'm TERRIFIED that I'm going to gain weight, and never lose it. Quite a nerve-racking experience. I gained 6 lbs. In two days. Yikes.

Well, needless to say when day 3 (Monday) rolled around, I was thrilled to put myself on a chicken and spinach routine for the next 3 weeks. I ate lemon pepper grilled chicken and fresh spinach with pepper and lemon juice for lunch and dinner for the next two days. I had little to no tea or coffee those days, and my midmeal fruit was grapefruit. The first day the light meals were refreshing. The second day I was very, very hungry. So hungry I had a hard time focusing on anything but my need for food. I started drinking lots of tea. And reading lots of posts at HCGdieters YahooGroups. I needed support. But the results were soon-coming.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I stepped on the scale roughly 2.5 lbs lighter than the previous day. The thrill was wonderful, and the instant results much needed. My motivation and interest in lemon pepper chicken was on a serious decline. Friday rolled around and I decided to start getting a little creative. I bought some organic fire-roasted tomatoes, and mixed them with some ground bison, some spices, and vuala! Chili! It was SUCH a refreshing, delicous taste. Such a reprieve from chicken! Saturday I made halibut chowder for lunch, with the rest of the tomatoes, celery, onion and spinach. It lasted for dinner as well. I was feeling so much better. I also had discovered the beauty of lemon juice, stevia (natural sweetener), and sweet spices like cinnamon on grilled apples. Things were looking good. Sunday I put some chicken in the crockpot with onions, garlic, and curry spices which I put in cabbage leaves and named crunchy curry wraps. Also amazing!

The problem: I'd stalled. I hadn't lost weight since Saturday. I'd heard that if you hit a weight that you've been at for an extended amount of time previously, you may stall. I also heard that stalls are common, because your body is reshifting your fat distribution. You may not lose weight, but you lose inches. I didn't measure. I just thought I had eaten too much on Saturday and Sunday. Well the following week didn't prove much different...

No comments:

Post a Comment