Saturday, March 13, 2010

HCG Week Two

Stalled. For 5 days. What was I doing wrong? I was drinking green tea and eating chicken or albacore tuna with cabbage for days. Discouraging. Was I not drinking enough water? Was I eating my dinner too late at night? Was my TOM (expected on Friday) already causing a stall?
I didn't know. But I had to keep telling myself, I was down 5 lbs from my pre-gorge weight, and that was great. 5 lbs, even in 2 weeks is good. I have spent a lot of time trying on clothes that for over a year I haven't wanted to wear. They didn't look too bad now. Just a couple more lbs, and they'll fit perfect. But the stall was frustrating. I finally lost 1 lb Friday. But today is the same as yesterday. Another stall?
Well, there's one more week left, hopefully I can still lose some weight.

Aside from weight loss, I have been very happy and surprised at many of the results from this diet. My chronic back pain of 12 years has all but vanished. I experience a small amount of discomfort during long car rides, or long meetings. But nothing that ever touches the realm of pain. Whereas on the pain scale 1-10 I used to spend most of my time in the 4-5 range. AND having tried endless endeavors to eliminate or minimize the pain (chiropractics, massage therapy, stretches, exercises, muscle relaxants...) this was a shock, a miracle even. And completely unexpected. I also have been able to focus more, and I sleep better. My boyfriend and I go for walks, and he mentioned my "normal" pace has been much faster recently.
Diet or detox? Maybe its both!

As a result, I've been spending a lot of time thinking about how my diet affects my health. What am I putting in my body and how does it limit my mental or physical capacity? I am going to read more about it and make careful decisions as I transition back into regular portion sizes and menu items and choose healthy alternatives for potentially harmful food, like "white food" such as potatoes, rice and sugar. I'm excited to make bread with almond flour and coconut flour. Excited to replace oil and butter and cream with spices and onions and garlic. Excited to snack on oranges and carrots instead of Triscuits and Skittles.

Next Sunday will be the last day using the HCG spray. I will continue on the VLCD for 3 more days, and then slowly reintroduce other foods in Phase 3. Week 1: any fruits and veggies Week 2: Nuts, eggs and Dairy 3: Meat, grain, wheat

We'll see what the next week brings. And on a side note, the frozen strawberry lemonade I'm drinking right now is divine! Look for HCG recipes soon to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment